June 19, 2008

Ransom

My laptop is being held by UPS for ransom. What is the ransom? My signature.

At 2:47 AM it left the UPS center for delivery.

At 6:55 AM I left for work

At 11:08 AM UPS could not obtain a signature as recipient was not home (no crap, I was at work! where were you for the four hours between when you left the center that is like 6 miles from my house and when I left for work. That was four hours of delivery time!!!!!!!)

At 1:36 PM Customer called asking if she could pick up the laptop tonight.

At 2:45 PM UPS called and said she could pick it up between 7:30 and 8:00 PM
Frustrated conversation ensued about why the UPS coordinator could not contact the UPS man to have him stop by customers house between 6:00 and 6:30 or get said UPS man's butt (it IS a man, the UPS center said so) back to the center so said customer can pick up laptop in a timely manner.

At 2:55 PM Customer ended call with the promise of a phone call received if it could be picked up earlier.

At 5:14 PM Customer leaves work knowing she will need to send her mother to pick it up at 9:00 AM Friday morning.

1 comment:

girlymama said...

oh dear.

i went through that with my cell phone delivery!!
why do they seem to arrive at the SAME TIME every day??? CLEARLY that is a bad time! DUH!