October 16, 2008

Additional Blog

So, if you read this blog you may not be interested in the other one, but I created a new blog for my cohort. If you're interested in education, both K12 and Higher Ed, you might enjoy it once it gets going (there isn't anything there yet, I just created it today). Anyway, it's located here if you're ever interested.

Not much else to talk about today. After class last night I went home and watched the debate while I cleaned my room. Talked to Best Friend for a little while, she said she enjoys that I watch the debates like I'm watching a football game - I talk back, I tell McCain to shut up a lot, I cheer a lot...it's better that way :)

And I feel better that my room is almost clean. I am a neat freak. I am an organization freak. But my car and my bedroom show the worst of it if I get busy or overwhelmed. What it basically came down to is that I have too much stuff and my bedroom is too tiny. While reading Ecclesiastes for bible study, I decided that since everything is meaningless and most people spend a LOT of time accumulating things, I would see how it felt to spend a LOT of time purging things. It was hard at first, because I tend to be sentimental. I am having a hard time getting rid of the Tickle Me Elmo that was given to me in college by a very dear friend who has dropped off the face of the planet, moved away without a word. I think about him a lot and it's tough to give away something he gave me. But other stuff wasn't quite so hard. Like clothes. And shoes.

I would like to redecorate my room. When I painted it, I painted it under the presumption that I would not be living there, it would be a guest room. But I live there. And I don't want to live in a guest room. But I can't make up my mind about what color, etc. Right now it's a celedon green color, kind of a muted tone, with creamy off white trim and closet doors. My furniture is a dark wood, I would call it cherry. By my furniture, I mean my dresser because I am having the most awful time finding nightstands that match that aren't four times as much as I paid for the dresser. And I have no bed stuff, just a metal frame and mattresses. Money is an issue, so I try to do things on the cheap because I'm trying to make my life debt free and all extra money goes to paying off school loans. That's another topic, my debt management plan is going well, I have paid off thousands of dollars of debt this year! Another time, another time...

I'll keep you posted about the decorating.

No comments: