October 20, 2008

He had a face!

Have you ever had one of those dreams that was so great and you woke up, but all you really wanted to do was go back to sleep and pick up where you left off?

I've had a weird weekend, but let me start from the beginning.

The Lord and I have been having some serious conversations lately, with my 31st birthday looming in a couple of months. I had thought 30 would be hard, but it's been fun but being single is still nagging my heart strings and with the exception of my physical appearance which is slowly...painfully slowly changing, I'm feeling pretty good with where I'm at and like I'm ready to be in a relationship. So, the Lord and I have been talking about His painfully slow process in making that all happen. I know all the things to think and say - His timing is perfect, He sees everything....yeah yeah yeah, somehow that doesn't make it so easy right now. But I'm living with it. Constantly trying not to over analyze every interaction with certain men I know, constantly evaluating my feelings to determine if any exist, and constantly asking God to just take away any feelings that might be in existance so that I don't break my own heart.

These things are very difficult to accomplish.

In the midst of all this, I have this dream, the exact kind you wish you could just go back to sleep and pick up where you left off. I was with friends, friends that I have in real life, but thinking back on it, I couldn't see their faces, which is funny because if I'm dreaming of someone I know, I can usually see their face. Anyway, we must have been on vacation, or a weekend or something because we were walking around this dock type place, like a harbor. There was this guy there, and he was a friend of a friend, I knew his name, Andrew, but he's the only one that I knew I didn't know in real life. We were walking down these steps, this group of us, and I'm not sure which happened first, either I started to fall, or this Andrew person grabbed me, but it ended up that he caught me and we were standing in sort of a dip posture, like dancing. He was really close to my face and he said, "I would never let you fall, I think you're wonderful." Of course, right at THAT moment, I woke up, but here's the weirdest part. Each time I have dreams like that, or I dream of someone I don't know, they never have a face. He had a face. Andrew. Andrew had a face. I don't know him. None of the people in this dream that I knew had faces.

I don't think it means anything, of course, it was just strange. And nice. The thought of someone catching me, thinking I'm wonderful...very appealing. Pray for patience :)

1 comment:

Misty said...

I've had that happen. Those dreams just stay with me...