December 12, 2008

Really? Since then?

Wow, I have been busy! Apparently, since I haven't written since November 25th. Oh, well, you'll forgive me, there are only two people that read this thing anyway.

Part of the reason I have been MIA is because of the end of the semester crunch - students galore jamming up my office, having to write three to four big papers all by the same date, and trying really hard not to hide in the library bathroom while they close up so I can stay there all night :)

Oh, yes, and my deathbed. I was out of work for a week! A whole WEEK after Thanksgiving! I had this awful sinus infection/pneumonia-inciting cold. And Thanksgiving was a mess anyway. My uncle came over to remove the awful brick from the backsplash area in the kitchen. The woman that owned the house before us really had a screw loose. I've told you how she wallpapered the toilet and the bathtub, right? Anyway, pictures to come soon, but it ended up being a whole lot more work than we thought it would be because it was actual brick glued to the wall, not some sort of weird wallpaper. Hammer and chisels. Seriously.

In the process the glass on our oven got shattered when we moved it, and a free project turned into a $1500 project. On the upside, we got a new stove and microwave installed, that isn't 150 thousand years old. Nice. But expensive.

Then I got sick, so I couldn't help because he's on medication that kills his immune system, so I got kicked out of the house and had to spend the day at Starbucks. Worse places, but still I wanted to curl up and die so I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally do.

That same illness landed me in bed for a week. On the upside, it gave me time to read the Twilight series, which I will be seeing on film in a week or so, thank goodness for Christmas Breaks and working at a university, right?

Anyway, sorry I haven't been around. I promise to be more faithful. And I will start my own day of the week thing, as Misty and Girlymama have their things, 10 on Tuesdays for Misty, and Wordless Wednesdays for Mama. I think I'll start Funny Fridays. My mom and I have a game we play most every night, What's the Funniest Thing You Saw/Heard Today? Well, it will be the week for me, and yesterday's funny thing topped the cake. Bye Bye Pie is the newest blog I've been reading and this post was the most hilarious thing. It made me laugh all day and into the evening.

1 comment:

girlymama said...

glad you're back! feel better, please ;-)