February 6, 2009

funny friday: the car in the bible

Now, listen, there was much competition for this spot this week. I have the story of my mom making whale sounds because she was having a nightmare, the word of the day story told to me by the Best Friend, and the one you will read below. I couldn't do the story of my mom without putting sound on here and I just don't know how to do that. And what if the person Best Friend told me about googled the word and this blog came up? He or she would know how it got here.

One of our receptionists is looking to buy a new car having just finished her lease on her Hummer. When I went up to the desk the other day, she was looking at pictures of this new car, called the Genesis. I asked if she was getting it and she said no, but she was looking for the bible verse on it. She explained that her mom sent her an email and said the car had two bible verses, Genesis 4:9 and 3:6. She couldn't figure it out, so we went back to the bible and read the verses.

Gen 4:9
"Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?"
"I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"

Gen 3:6
"When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it."

It was a very far stretch for these to give any indication as to where to find the bible verse on the car, so the receptionist kept searching. A while later, I was back up front and asked if she ever found the bible verse on the car. She started laughing and explained that her mom was confused and that the numbers were two different engine sizes available, Genesis 4.9 and 3.6.

1 comment:

badbob said...

The car is in the Bible in the book of Naham It says they are as chariots that run like the wind in the broadways It describes fender benders as jousting each other.