November 19, 2009

who needs to be a millionnaire?

I DO! I need to be a millionnaire because right now? All my clothes are too big. Which is a GREAT problem to have and believe me, I'm not complaining. I've lost almost 40 pounds (don't get too excited, I have a ways to go yet) and I've shrunk as much clothes as I can and it's not doing the trick. I just bought this fantastic pair of jeans, maybe four weeks ago. First jeans I've found in a while that I really liked, they fit well, great boot length; loved them. Spent money on them, these aren't like Old Navy throw-them-away-they-were-so-cheap jeans. I can't even keep them up - I had a momentary scare when my boot heel caught on the hem.

So on top of all that, I'm going on vacation in a month and I need a new wardrobe! A friend suggested I get some essentials (like the beloved jeans) tailored and taken in rather than spend money on clothes that I will only have to replace in another month anyway. Have any of y'all ever done that? Does it work well, or does it make the clothes look funny? Is it cheaper just to buy new clothes? I'd rather spend my vacation money doing fun things than on new clothes!

3 comments:

melissa said...

GO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

De-lurking here, yes, take your clothes in to be tailored. The tailor can give you an idea what can be done. Sometimes, if it's too much, they can't do it, without the silhouette getting weird.
If you have the $, maybe invest in some cute things that have a range of size to them - places like J.Jill have nice pants with elastic waist, but they don't look like granny pants. I wore a pair of their Pure Jill black pants for months. While I went through 3 sizes, these pants worked through them nicely. Congratulations, and keep up the good work! I remind myself how good I feel, when I feel like I "fit" in my own body. That's the best motivator to keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the weight loss. B.