February 1, 2011

snOMG is my favorite...

If you've been following the news at all...or facebook...or just walking by some people on the street, you know that there is a huge storm making it's way across the country and dumping that crappy white stuff all over the midwest. But it's more personal than that, for me anyway. It means a SNOW DAY! As an educator, I look forward to winter for one reason, and one reason only. I do not look forward to it being dark when I enter my windowless office AND when I leave. I do not look forward to waking up hours before God to drive next to idiots at a snails pace. I live for a snow day. And tomorrow, thanks to Snowmageddon 2011, I have one! Now, that doesn't mean I will stay inside and cuddle up with some homework or work related reading. Nope. I refuse. Just like when you were a kid, snow days are meant for fun and traveling through treacherous driving conditions to see your friends. So, tomorrow, after I finish sleeping in, I will be doing more of this:



That picture was me last Sunday, having gone that morning and purchased cross country equipment. I headed to the dog park because Penny really needed to run, and it's a huge park so I embarked on my second-ever attempt at cross country skiing. Super fun, and glad I did not fall! So, I'm off to enjoy the day off tomorrow, and I will end up doing a little homework and real work, just don't tell anyone. And if you are one of the states hit with the snowpocalypse, please be safe, and for God's sake, have fun!

1 comment:

melissa said...

HOLY COW A POST!!

;-)