April 26, 2012

my very own hurricane

Thank goodness April is almost over!  Life has been whipping around me like a hurricane lately!  The end of the school year has passed, so I'm transitioning into being on campus more often - that is nice because I can finally get some work done and produce proposals for programs next year, but difficult in that I became accustomed to have a flexible schedule and now I'm stuck in a cube all day, every day! 

In other news, I submitted my first comprehensive exam question for my dissertation process.  I hope to hear back within a week or so from my committee members with a positive answer!  Meanwhile, I am working on question two, the review of literature.  I am struggling with that one, just trying to get organized and outlined so I can start plugging things into the document.

I've also been trying to re-prioritize things, so health over school, work over school...school seems to be coming in last place, doesn't it?  I'm aiming for more of a level playing field.  Miss Penny is benefitting greatly, though, as healthy = more walks.  She looks exhausted, doesn't she?



But, guess what?! I saved the best for last!  My mom is graduating in two weeks!  I'm so proud of her!  She's graduating with the highest honors, a member of an academic fraternity, and has been on the Dean's List every semester!

I'm off to my last work event for a while, break a leg I shall! 

No comments: